Photo: Vincent J. DeAngelis, (left) Neopost USA’s Vice President of Postal Relations and
Dennis P. LeStrange, Neopost’s Chief Operating Officer of Small- and Medium-Sized
Enterprise Solutions, (right) present Neopost USA’S plaque of appreciation to James
Cochrane, USPS Chief Marketing and Sales Officer and Executive Vice President
and Megan Brennan, Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer as part of the
Milford, CT-based mailing industry hardware and software provider’s National Postal
Worker Day celebration on April 4, 2016, in Washington, D.C.
MILFORD, Conn., June 27, 2016 – Neopost USA, a provider of hardware and software solutions to mailers and shippers of all sizes, will be proud to recognize the men and women of the United States Postal Service® on National Postal Worker Day, Friday, July 1. Neopost USA’s 1,400 employees across the country invite every American to join the celebration by taking a moment to thank their local USPS mail carrier, window clerk and or Postmaster on National Postal Worker Day.
“The USPS is so deeply ingrained in America’s history, commerce stream and quality of life that we can easily take it for granted,” says Alain Fairise, President of Neopost North America. “But we should take every available opportunity to appreciate the benefits we derive from the nation’s postal workers. The USPS as an institution deserves to be honored for its steadfast dedication to delivery, social responsibility, security, technology and innovation. National Postal Worker Day gives Americans the opportunity to honor the people inside the Postal Service who serve us on so many levels.
“More than 500,000 USPS employees do more than deliver 155 billion mail pieces – 47 percent of the world’s mail volume – per year,” Fairise says. “They also build personal relationships inside every community in the country and they help the 21st Century’s most valuable commodity – information – flow efficiently and seamlessly.”
Neopost USA is taking its third turn as the de facto champion of the annual National Postal Worker Day celebration.
NATIONAL POSTAL WORKER DAY, JULY 1
Neopost USA, a provider of hardware and software to mailers and shippers of all sizes, celebrates the men and women of the United States Postal Service® (USPS) on National Postal Worker Day, Friday, July 1.
Neopost USA’s 1,500 employees across the country invite every American to join the celebration by taking a moment to thank their mail carrier, administrator, postal business service provider or executive on National Postal Worker Day.
The USPS was born in July 1775 and has achieved myriad remarkable milestones in the past 241 years.
Neopost USA is proud to share a tiny fraction of interesting details and fascinating facts about the Postal Services’ development and progress, and the quality service it brings to each community in the U.S., as well as military outposts, diplomatic stations and other locations across the globe.
Top Three Reasons to Thank Your Postal Worker
- Postal workers process and deliver more than 509 million mail pieces each day.
- Postal employees go beyond the call of duty when necessary. Some even risk their own safety to save the lives of the customers they serve. In 2015, the Postal Service recognized 318 employee heroes for acts of bravery and personal sacrifice.
- 7,184 letter carriers deliver mail entirely on foot.
Fascinating Facts About Your Postal Workers’ World
- The USPS operates on $0.00 tax dollars.
- The USPS handles 47 percent of the world’s mail volume.
- The Postal Service is the world leader in optical character recognition technology; its machines read nearly 98 percent of all hand-addressed letter mail.
- The USPS delivers physical mail, parcels, packages and a variety of unusually items to customers in 226,777 delivery routes each day.
- Our new nation’s first appointed Postmaster General was Benjamin Franklin.