postal-pulse

Chief Human Resources Officer Jeff Williamson answers candid questions about the Postal Pulse survey results in a new video (accessible from Blue). Jeff-Williamson-Chief-Human-Resources-Officer

The 5-minute production shows Williamson responding to questions from Sr. Public Relations Representative Sue Brennan, who expresses skepticism about the survey.

“I don’t see how these 12 questions can affect the changes that I personally see need to happen,” Brennan says.

Williamson responds, “What the Postal Pulse gets to is the core of engagement — which is relationships.”

The Postal Pulse survey was conducted in March and April. The newly released results (accessible from Blue) show USPS needs to strengthen “employee engagement,” a term used to describe employees’ involvement, enthusiasm and positive contributions to the organization.

The survey is part of the Postal Service’s broader efforts to invest in its workforce, said Employee Engagement Executive Director Kelvin Williams.

“The Postal Service is very interested in and committed to engaging employees, supervisors and managers at all levels of the organization,” he said.

Additional videos are expected. Employees are encouraged to email feedback toThePostalPulse@usps.gov.

6 Responses to "USPS Chief Human Resources Officer Jeff Williamson Addresses Postal Pulse Survey Results"

1. Jean Cook Hughes   October 6, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Please advise how I take advantage of the Blue Cross offer in my recent letter from Enrollment Reconciliation Unit FEP Operations Center, dated Sept 29, 2015

Jean – you need to ask USPS your question if your an employee or OPM if you’re a retiree. PEN

2. Tony Ware   October 8, 2015 at 4:40 am

Employee engagement should be like: Stewardship: Our leaders must have the essential quality of stewardship, a caretaker quality. They must serve in a manner that encourages confidence, trust and loyalty. Subordinates are not to be abused; they are to be guided, developed and rewarded for their performance. Punishment is to be reserved as a consequence of last resort and sparingly applied only when all other attempts have failed to encourage the rebellious to comply. Without a flock there can be no shepherd. Without an army there can be no battle captains. Without subordinates there can be no leaders. Leaders are, therefore, caretakers of the interests and well-being of those and the purposes they serve.
    “Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun”

Tony Ware
    (Master Sergeant USMC retired)

3. Tony Ware   October 8, 2015 at 4:47 am

I have applied through eCareer for the Org Dev Spec (Engagement) EAS-25 (3 positions), if the goal is to improve our Postal Service to honest feedback, constructive criticism, and changing leaders who are unwilling to embrace our new direction. Then I want to be in the position applied for to bring about the needed changes. Top Ware

4. T Lakota June Abbott   January 25, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I have applied for a USPS PSE position in Kerrville Texas in September 2015, which is still open. I took the exams and passed with very good scores, which expire on Feb 4, 2016. I spoke with the local post master today – Jan 25, 2016 – in Kerrville and he commented he had never received a list of applicants from USPS recruitment and he will have to repost the position. My scores will be expired by then and he said I would probably have to retake the test unless they send a qualified applicant list to him before then which more than likely will not happen. This means re-studying, re-applying and driving the 70 miles twice again to take the tests necessary. My testing efforts will be all for not to even be considered for the position. I am hoping to speak or e-mail someone that can help but there is no direct contact information. Can anyone assist?

5. Anthony Alexander   March 30, 2016 at 10:23 am

How serious is employess sexual harassment? If a relationship took place previously, and later on down the line someone wanted it to end. However, the opposite person is their manager whom keep implementing disciplinary action because of it. How would this be handled?

6. Israel Pena   October 12, 2017 at 12:41 pm

I have been a postal carrier for 30 years, I was injured by my supervisor for no reason at all on the day of my injury I warned him of what he was doing not following my doctor’s recommendations, my injury happened ten my letter of recommendations goes missing from my personal file at work. Management in my office has try to get me fire and there has been much, much harassment from management. This is the reason that I have been trying to get a hold on some one to help me with my case here in California, Mr. Williamson can you please contact me so I can explain in more detail my situation or call me at 650-347-9261 thank you.