Newsbreak: Voluntary Early Retirement to be offered to carriers and clerks in select locations
 6-20-11

In a move to further right-size complement levels to better match workload, the Pacific Area is offering a voluntary early retirement (VER) to carriers and clerks working at select impacted sites and at non-impacted offices within a 50-mile radius of the impacted sites.

VER offer sites and timelines will be announced when the information becomes available.

These changes are part of the Pacific Area efforts to streamline operations, increase efficiencies and reduce costs in support of the Postal Service’s action plan to ensure a strong, viable organization now and in the future.

For more information, contact your local Human Resources office.

Please note: PEN has no further information regarding this release and cannot answer VER questions.

13 Responses to Voluntary Early Retirement to be offered to carriers and clerks in select locations

1. not right

June 21, 2011 at 10:45 am

This might only be for hawaii as they have so many excess people and no where to put them.

2. guzz77

June 21, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Before they can offer VER to other employees they should get their act together most usps employees who retired in the last six months have not received a payment.I among them check it out the OPM will tell you they can’t keep up with retirements that they hired some people to help with the problem and they are better now instead of waiting 138 days they are down to 117 well guess what my papers were sent in early dec I retired in feb still no money.I’m way over the time limit I notified my congressman they won’t return his calls what a surprise so my fellow usps brothers and sisters have at least 6 months to a year of cash on hand to pay bills because you won’t be getting any checks for a while

3. ragcat

June 22, 2011 at 4:40 am

Only in Hawaii? There are excessed employees all over the U.S. with nowhere to go. It’s the whole postal service…not just one place

4. sanderella

June 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Does anyone know if there is a cash incentive with the new early out? Or is it just penalty-free,

5. hitman22

June 23, 2011 at 7:57 pm

offer letter carriers incentive to retire… fill the gap with all the overhead managers who say we are lazy.. let them carry the mail and see how fast we get even more RIF..

6. mswheel

June 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm

OMG stop messing up more offer all states please a lot of people are ready to go!!!!!!!!! mainly me

7. linda menser

June 29, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I agree with mswheel – Please Release me, set me free! U
    sps can save alot of money offering this to all many of us are ready to go and there are a whole lot of unemployed people out there who would be more than willing to fill in at a lot less pay.

8. linda menser

June 29, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Please release me, set me free! Let us go, hire all those people unemployed who can fill our post for a lot less, saving usps.

9. linda menser

June 29, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Please release me, set me free!

10. Jim

July 1, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Why do they only offer early outs to carriers in select offices. They should offer an early out to carriers nationwide. Anyone that is 50 with 20 plus years and wants to go should be offered an early out.

11. alex shinn

January 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm

if you do it for one you must do it for all or you can file a grivence agains it that is why you,have a union

12. Todd Sweeney

January 13, 2012 at 11:14 am

Good I hope you all get a chance to go so I may have a chance to work for the USPS! I have been unemployed for 5 years! No one wants to hire an old person like myself. I am 60 years old!

13. Renee

July 28, 2012 at 7:25 pm

Thankyou Jim. I agree. I’m 51 with 23 years in. Would go in a heartbeat if not penalized.