Access To Your USPS Official Personnel Folder

It’s all yours – eOPF: My official personnel folder

Where can employees go — anytime, anywhere — to look at their official records?

The Official Personnel Folder (OPF) contains documents, including appointment, compensation, benefits, administrative and payroll records. USPS may use these records to review employee qualifications, status, eligibility, rights and benefits. They’re also used to track length of service and other information USPS needs to provide personnel services.

Before 2008, employees had to meet with their district personnel offices to review their folders. Now, OPF documents are available online and have become “eOPFs.” Employees can go to LiteBlue at any time to review their files. Each eOPF is a secure and encrypted file, available only to employees by using their employee ID number and USPS PIN, and to HR professionals with an official need to view them.

USPS always has encouraged employees to check their records for accuracy. Employees should review their eOPFs to make sure documents are up-to-date. Accurate records will make processing personnel actions such as transfers, promotions or retirements easier. Employees who need to change, remove or add documents must complete a PS Form 8043 and submit it to their district HR Generalist.

Disciplinary documents only can be removed according to provisions of collective bargaining agreements, the ELM 650 appeals process or as a result of an EEO or Merit System Protection Board decision. Documents placed in an eOPF by another federal agency cannot be removed.

Employees who cannot access their eOPFs using LiteBlue should notify their area Human Resources analyst, district HR Local Services, or HQ Corporate Personnel.

Source: USPS

Please Note: Postal Employee Network cannot answer questions regarding your personnel folder or its contents.

19 Responses to "Access To Your USPS Official Personnel Folder"

  1. lsw   July 29, 2010 at 5:20 pm

    eOPF is a good idea but many computers can’t use it. No Macs, no linux systems, only some Windows systems with certain “features” enabled. The same features that even Microsoft recommends DISABLING to improve security on the net. Why oh why couldn’t USPS just use industry standard, non-platform-specific software?

  2. Joe Black   August 10, 2010 at 10:55 am

    Where do the non-selected applicants go to find our information maintained by the Agency? Because we are not employees yet where do they keep the records we have submitted to them on us?

  3. diane brown   August 19, 2010 at 3:20 pm

    Hello , My name is Diane Brown . I Previously worked as a Casual for USPS and i was wondering if i could get the exact dates that i worked from 99′ to 2007 . if you could E-mail it to me that would be great Thank You ,

    Diane Brown
    Employee ID : 02511513

  4. postal   August 19, 2010 at 6:57 pm

    Diane – you would need to contact the official USPS with your question. Start by contacting the office where you worked and asked them your question. PEN

  5. Shamar Hill   September 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm

    This is news for employees to rejoice over. I hope…

    I know a racist, sexist, facist, pronoid of a station manager who brags and prides himself on firing employees. Considering this bastard pads employee files with fake discipline – LOW’s and suspensions that neither floor supervisors or the employees are aware of, how secure is this move?

    We shall see.

  6. Pat   December 9, 2010 at 7:33 pm

    Hey postal –

    I separated from the USPS as of 09/18/2010. Can I still view my OPF? I’ve tried to log into liteblue using my EIN & password (which I’m sure I’m not getting wrong), but I’m not having any luck. Do you think it’s because I’m an ex-employee, or just because liteblue has issues.

    Or is there another place to view it, other than liteblue? Thanks.

  7. VINCENT G. ROGERS   July 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

    I have been trying to get a copy of my USPS Medical Records. I have wrote the Medical Personnel at Lafonte Plaza, Washington, D.C. and The Postmaster, Washington D.C. I left he USPS approximately 1993, can anyone help me get a hold of my records. Whom do I write???

  8. kim molina   July 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm

    what do i do if i am getting married and changing my name

    Kim – you need to contact the official USPS HR office.

  9. Eyrer   September 7, 2012 at 8:55 am

    I separated from the USPS as of 07/10/2011. Can I still view my OPF? I’ve tried to log into liteblue using my EIN & password (which I’m sure I’m not getting wrong), I am prevented from accessing any records.

    Is there another way to obtain these records, other than liteblue? Thanks.

  10. Mail Handler Bobby   September 13, 2012 at 8:18 am

    I also recommend our retirees download their entire OPF prior to their final day at the Post Office. After you retire you’ll have NO access to the eOPF.
    To have the most up to date information I have helped them right at 2 days prior to retirement.
    **Here’s how you download the entire OPF –
    On the “OPF DETAILS” page of your eOPF look at the top for the other tab, “PRINT eOPF”.
    When the next page comes up click on “PRINT ENTIRE OPF”.
    The PDF document, which will include all of your OPF pages, will come up.
    A window may pop up asking you if you want to print all of the pages. Click “CANCEL”, but the OPF files will continue to load onto your computer.
    My OPF is nearly 7mb in size (for 113 pages), so it takes a little while.
    Once the entire OPF is loaded, you’ll see the first page entitled “PRIVACY INFORMATION”.
    Left click on the page to see if a box comes up giving you an option for “SAVE”. If not, look for a SAVE option. Simply save the entire OPF on your computer, then transfer it to a good quality CD for safe keeping.
    Making two copies and keeping them in different locations is always a good idea.
    I’ve had retirees have problems with the OPM after they’ve retired, due to something the USPS did in their paperwork. Being able to go into their OPF and look at PS Forms 50, etc. can be very helpful to you.
    It’s difficult in my office to access anyone’s records once they’ve retired; so I’d highly recommend doing this.
    If you have any questions you can email me at mailhandlerslocal305 (AT) (Substitute AT for the @)

  11. RCA non career Cheryl Michell   January 24, 2013 at 11:12 pm

    I was injured on the job in Jan 2010 and haven’t had work since then, Prior to that I was Steward, Safety Captain, fought an EEO claim and have been submitting those 3879s every 2 weeks, going on 3 years now. I want a complete copy of my file. I can’t access anything online or in person. Everyone passes it off on someone else. Been employed there since 2003. 10 years is a long time to be swept under the rug. I want answers. Anyone know a good lawyer?

  12. frustrated   February 1, 2013 at 5:19 am

    I have been trying to access eOPF for months with no success. I have an Apple notebook, when I clicked on Print OPF it said I needed this or that software and NOT thus or so software. So I tried on a PC and it said I needed some other kind of software, that my computer doesn’t support. I don’t know beans about software, all I want is a copy of my personnel file. I called HRSSC and asked who do I call to get this, and was told to call HR in Wisconsin at 612-349-4450, but everytime I dial it all I get is a busy signal. Now Jan 31, 2013 has come and gone and still no personnel file. Can I still get a copy or did the postal service just … me once more?

  13. Maureen Koger   August 13, 2013 at 2:17 pm

    Are temporary workers from the 1960’s-1970’s eligible for any benefits? If so where would one enquire to apply for these benefits.

  14. shalonda   April 17, 2014 at 1:05 am

    i need to access my training records. i was told i could use the “BLUE INTERNET KIOSK”, but the one at my facility, doesn’t work. is there another way i can access this through my home computer?

    Not that we know of.

  15. Daniel S. Braccio   July 1, 2014 at 10:48 pm

    I am a past employee of the USPS from 1973 thru 1996. I need past records for filing for a disability from Social Security. How do I get access to my personal folder.

  16. vinny p   August 4, 2014 at 1:38 pm

    I retired 7 years ago and I need a copy of my medical file and sick leave usage record. How would I go about this?

    Vinny – OPM manages your retirement so I would ask them first. Possibly call USPS and ask them: 1-800-Ask-USPS

  17. Jon Radford   August 26, 2014 at 12:47 pm

    My ex wife is supposed to get a portion of my retirement and I would like to know what that means in dollars and cents. Can you help me calculate that?

    Jon – Call OPM – they manage your postal retirement – we do not have those formulas. PEN

  18. Randall Van Kerschaever   September 22, 2014 at 8:05 am

    I worked at the post office from 1971 to 1988. I took my retirement money at that time but need to obtain this information to apply for social security at this time, the exact dates of employment and total amount. Can I obtain this information from the OPF site?

    Randall – call USPS at 1-800-Ask-USPS – someone there ‘should’ be able to help you.

  19. donald ray green   September 23, 2014 at 10:15 am

    i am trying to find acsess to archival records for the years that i worked at the post office in morehead ky 40351 That would be from the mid sixties through the early seventies If you could provide me with this information i would greatly appreciate it

    Donald – we do not have access that information. You would need to contact USPS. 1-800-Ask-USPS