Rural carriers gain automated bidding

Rural carriers in three districts now have easy and convenient access to automated job bidding.

As of June 18, rural carriers in the Northland (Minnesota and Wisconsin), Central Illinois and Tennessee districts must use automated bidding. The online process will be extended to all rural carriers by the end of fiscal year 2010.

Rural carriers in these districts now have the same access to automated bidding as clerks, letter carriers and mail handlers. Access options include eJob bidding located at LiteBlue; H.R. kiosks and Web-bidding computers; or through phone bidding interactive voice response at 877–477–3273, option 2 (TDD/TTY at 800–865–7208).

To bid, rural carriers need to know their employee identification number (EIN), postal PIN and their preference of positions. No PIN? No problem. Go to LiteBlue’s Log In page, click on “Forget Your PIN?” Then, enter your EIN and request a new one.

7 Responses to Rural carriers gain automated bidding

1. Heather Casey

July 25, 2010 at 7:22 am

I;m wondering about this bidding.Do we have to wait for a job to be posted,then get online to put in a bid?

2. marcie dale aicken

January 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm

i marcie dale aicken wish too request the following; i request as of 01 28 11. i am bidding on any and all job oppenings in the middleville postal service, sincerely, marcie dale aicken this writing superceds any other, as of this date.

3. postal

January 29, 2011 at 9:45 am

PEN: Marcie – our site IS NOT the official USPS.

4. Kelly Tomlinson

July 23, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Once you put in a bid, how does it work? Is it based on seniority / hire date? Where to I go to look up this answer ? Been searching the Postal sites for an hour+ and can’t find answers as to how this works. Thanks

Kelly – post your question at our rural carrier blog – you should be able to get an answer there. PEN

5. marie caraway

July 16, 2015 at 7:00 am

2 people are having problems placing bid on rurual route.

Marie – thanks for posting. I have removed your phone number for your protection. There is nothing we can do about the problem you mention. Only your union or USPS could help in this situation. Rick Owens – PEN

6. Mary Nobles

November 12, 2015 at 8:46 am

There is a route up for bid in my office. I haven’t put a bid in 10 years. I have request a pin. When I get my pin number. What do I do next?

7. James McDonald

November 30, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I got onto the LITE BLUE postal wed site with no problem but I can’t get on the Ejob bidding site, What am I doing wrong?