USPS Seeks Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigators

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) is soliciting individuals with the right skill sets and interest in investing numerous hours a week to conduct EEO investigations in accordance with EEOC regulations and USPS quality and timeliness standards. Selected individuals will be home-based independent contractors, located throughout the United States, who will enter into Ordering Agreements with the USPS to provide investigative services in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the Agreement.

Individual Task Orders assigning the investigation of particular complaints of discrimination may be issued under the Ordering Agreement in a “fee for service” arrangement. There is no guarantee of work or the number of cases assigned. An investigator is paid on a “per case” basis, generally $1100, on successful completion of the case. The average amount of time spent completing an investigation varies, but some investigations are labor intensive. Investigator performance will be evaluated by USPS NEEOISO management and depending on case complexity, investigators usually average from 4 to 7 cases per month.

Source: Federal Business Opportunities

13 Responses to USPS Seeks Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigators

1. Angela J. Wilson

December 15, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Certainly hope that you can screen this reply; as I’m just responding to this very determined need of exposure, documentation, and elimination of fraud running rampant within the Postal Service, from Workmens’ Comp. claims to time-keeping practices resulting in waste, fraud and abuse. EEOC is just part of it.

Currently, serving as letter carrier; hired in with USPS for data management as Remote Encoding Centers ramped up address recognition. Have served as mail tech, mail handler, SSDA (Sales Service & Distribution Associate, mail processor, AMF (Airport Mail Facity) expeditor, and relief Postmaster. Trained court-reporter (self-employed) contracted for the Dept. of Employment Security Appeals Hearings, and came to USPS for the benefits. Major Medical out of pocket, (self-employed) became a financial drain. Healthy family, just check-ups; but seemed too much as a single mom with 3 children.

Training as court-reporter provided very important protocol required for Postal Inspectors to make an on-sight arrest of co-worker that committed a bank robbery (just “a gut” from chit-chat), while burning-in new systems for Quality Assurance Committee (FSM 100’s).

Thank you for this opportunity; from the inside out.
    Just might be my “retirement job”? (SMILE)

Angela J. Wilson
    Please contact me at 615 897-2262, 615 479-1005, 615 735-0333.

2. Marvin Askins

April 6, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I am a soon to be retired EEO Professional with over 30 years experience in EEO/AA and training. I am interested in becoming a home-based independent contractor as an EEO Investigator for the United States Postal Service.
    Please contact me via the above email address regarding the proper procedure that I must comply with for consideration. Thank you.

3. jerry

April 27, 2011 at 10:25 am

i am a newly certified eeo investigator.
    please tell me how to find work with the post office as an investigator.

my best,

jerry

4. postal

April 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm

You would need to contact USPS.

5. bryan muhammad

August 1, 2011 at 10:14 am

fax # to usps eeo tampa fl

6. postal

August 1, 2011 at 10:08 pm

We do not maintain fax or phone numbers for USPS offices.
    PEN

7. Chris W.

January 23, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I need help filing a complaint with EEO and trying to find a point of contact. Thank You for any help given.

8. William English

April 27, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I have many years of experience in EEO and AA at the coordinator, Manager and Executive levels. Responsible of a major fortune 500 firm. Investigated hundreds of EEO complaints which included fact finding, conciliation and resolution of complaints including responding to litigation. What are the next steps to follow through with the postal service opportunities. Are these opportunities still open.

William – you would need to contact the official USPS. http://www.usps.com – PEN

9. ray pugh

December 10, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I am interested in being an at home eeo investagator thank you and happy holidays!

Mr. Pugh – you would need to contact the official USPS. Try 1-800-AskUSPS

10. RENEE BYRD

January 29, 2014 at 10:29 am

I AM LOOKING FOR A POSITION WITH THE POSTAL SERVICE AS AN EEO INVESTIGATOR. I HAVE BEEN DOING MEDIATIONS FOR THE LAST 14 YEARS AS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR , AND WANT TO EXPAND MY HORIZONS WITH YOUR YOUR AGENCY. WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP? THANKS

Renee – we are not the official USPS. You would need to contact them. http://www.usps.com

11. Jonas Dunn

February 4, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I am a retired EEOC Investigator with experience working as an Independent Contractor with the Postal Service. Please contact me regarding employment.

Jonas – we are not the official USPS. PEN

12. Troy Lutman

March 6, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Hello,

I am a current EEOC investigator who is resigning at the end of March to start my own investigations firm. I would be interested in receiving additional information.

Regards

Troy – you would need to contact USPS regarding your desire. PEN

13. Joleen Stanczyk

April 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Hi,

Your article indicated that the USPS is seeking contract EEO Investigators. It also referred to the site fbo.gov. I cannot find the listing for this contract. Do you know if they are currently soliciting for this type of contractor? If so, do you know the number for the solicitation?

Thanks so much.

Joleen – thanks for visiting. This article, posted quite some time ago, was from USPS…not from our site. I would suggest you contact USPS regarding employment – 1-800-Ask-USPS or visit their website and search for the employment page: http://www.usps.com