APWU PUBLICIZES LIST OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES THAT REFUSE TO JOIN THE UNION

APWU

APWU

APWU’s President Burrus states that in March he sent letters to non-APWU members requesting that they join the union. The mailing included a postage-paid return envelope along with an APWU membership application.

Burrus noted that about 1000 postal employees chose to join the union, but many others chose to use the postage-paid envelope to express their negative views regarding the union and union membership – because of this, Burrus decided to publicize the names of those who identified themselves.

You may read Burrus’ statements and see his publicized list of employees choosing not to join APWU here.

107 Responses to APWU PUBLICIZES LIST OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES THAT REFUSE TO JOIN THE UNION

1. Jewel

January 12, 2016 at 5:40 pm

All you union workers who don’t want to pay your dues just stop and think, it was the union’s who gave you overtime Pay,Sick Pay, Vacation with pay, Holiday Pay, safety in the work place, and much more.so either pay your dues or find another job, I’m sure there are plenty who would be glad to have your job and be happy to pay dues

2. Jax Gat

February 8, 2016 at 8:43 am

I contacted the Union recently inquiring about help on not being employed after jumping through hoops. I have the same driving record as two others who happen to be supervisors now. Mines 12 yrs old actually better. I received a letter saying Im not eligible from HR.My test scores were higher as well. please help. Union doesn’t have a clue they said.

Jax – We removed your email address from your post for your protection. We do not and cannot get involved in these matters. So sorry. PEN

3. feeling abused in a hostile work enviornment.

February 19, 2016 at 2:18 pm

I was a member for 13 years. The latest contract bumped me from a PTF making 50 hours a week to a NTFT with 38 hr job, with no chance for overtime. I work for a postmaster that screams at us, calls us names, and bullies everyone in the office. I went to the union. Nothing was done. Our union steward helps the postmaster with the schedule and negotiates her own overtime. I went to the union again. Nothing was done. I think I’ll keep my $600 in my own pocket.

4. CNC Clerk

March 29, 2016 at 7:07 am

Burrus hasn’t been president in how many years?

5. egark

April 13, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Burrus? How old is this article?

egark – this article is linked and appearing in a Google AdSense ad. I am not posting the link to the article…Google is. Their bots pull from your sites copy (articles) and post along with their ads. I have contacted them about this, but so far no response.

6. STILL HERE

April 19, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Whether you are in a union or out. The Postal Service is a culture that uses the “Good ole Boy” system and NEPOTISM as well as Discrimination. You really don’t need a UNION. Been in and out myself the only people that get represented well, are the ones that hold offices in the union. Just saying!

7. PW

April 20, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I am a somewhat new employee , my postmaster has choked previous employees, im having a problem. Union says he can do what he wants. I want out. gonna quit